Intellectual Property (IP) Patent Scientist - South East
1 day left
- Full Time
Intellectual Property (IP) Patent Scientist c£45k
South East (Permanent) Ref: ABJ2601
An experienced IP (intellectual property) scientist is urgently required to join a global company as a result of a successful expanding innovation programme. As an experienced IP scientist you will be responsible for the drafting process of Patent Applications in conjunction with an external patent attorney, and managing both the Patent filing and Patent opposition activities of chemicals, and the associated costs. Also to be responsible for managing the IP department on a day to day basis.
- Pro-actively manages the day to day function of the IP Department.
- Pro-actively manages all aspects of the drafting of Patent Applications.
- Point of contact with our Patent Attorneys in both the UK and Germany.
- Evaluates the Invention reports in a timely manner together with the relevant senior management personnel, and reverts back to the Inventors with the company decision.
- Manages all aspects of the IP Processes (including developing and refining the processes,
- Manages all aspects of the Patent filing and Patent opposition activities and their associated costs
- Produces high quality annual and half-year review reports in a timely fashion
- Advises on ‘Freedom to Operate’ reviews & issues
- Uses all available systems efficiently and effectively for achieving work program objectives.
- Develops and maintains a detailed technical knowledge of available IP systems.
- Is responsible for internal IP training for other departments, e.g. sales, chemists, scientists.
- Develops and maintains a detailed technical knowledge across a range of technologies.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently and manages multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish targets.
- -Builds constructive and effective internal and external networks.
Background Experience / Qualifications Required
- Qualified to degree or equivalent level in a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry (or polymer chemistry) or an associated discipline, (but life sciences could be considered) (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Experience of working within an industrial/ commercial R&D chemistry/ chemicals team with experience of writing and filing Patent Applications.
- Pro-active and positive self starter, who is comfortable working in cross-functional teams,
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and have the ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organisation.
- Working knowledge of the IPO, or EPO
- Business standard (written/spoken) language skills in Chinese and/or German would be a distinct advantage.
Attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
Some European and international travel will be required.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ2601. Please call on 0203 588 1335, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to email@example.com
Apply for Intellectual Property (IP) Patent Scientist - South East
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly