Synthetic/ Process Development Chemist
A well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas are looking to hire a Synthetic/ Process Development Chemist for Global Medicines Development, part of Pharmaceutical Development. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK. This role is based in the Macclesfield site in Chesire and is on an 11 month contract.
The successful applicant will execute lab development work as a member of a cross functional team, to contribute to the development of API manufacturing processes for clinical and longer term commercial manufactures. The current portfolio provides a range of early, mid, late and commercial development.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Likely to be a PhD or an experienced graduate in organic chemistry, previous experience of process development would be an advantage
- Have sufficient understanding in the discipline of process development and scale up risks
- Have a good understanding of principles and application of SHE
- Have a good understanding of developments within the industry and how they impact the function
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Capability to use appropriate analytical techniques to support development chemistry activities
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Good team working and networking skills
- Able to demonstrate the drive and energy to deliver projects.
- Ability to design and develop high quality, scalable processes
- Work collaboratively
- Strong interest in organic chemistry and application to the delivery of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on 0203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.jobs . Full job description available on request.ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.