Manager, IT Business Partner (Lifesciences/Translational background)
2 days left
- Full Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Lead Business IT capability projects and supervise relevant staff, including business analysts, contractors, and/or vendors through a direct supervisory relationship; manage other IT delivery/support staff, and IT service managers staff in a matrix reporting relationship
The purpose of this role is to act as the primary contact between the later stage Translational and Early Development functions and the Celgene IT organization on new IT initiatives including the identification, implementation, and management of new IT and Informatics capabilities and services. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level of business acumen and experience and have a proven track record of working with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening and incorporating diverse input to deliver objectives within agreed time frames and budgets.
• 5+ years of Information Technology experience within a Translational Development, Non-Clinical Development, Clinical Development or Genomic Research organization
• 8+ years of proven excellence in an IT role with specific scientific technology experience in the Clinical Research, Translational Development, and/or Early Development space
Bachelor or Master Degree in Life Sciences, Information Technology, or both.
The candidate will be/have:
• Experienced working in environments demanding integration of diverse data sources including clinical data and complex, high-dimensional non-clinical data to advance drug development programs.
• Hands-on, action oriented and have proven collaboration capabilities across functional teams of data analysts, data managers, clinical and laboratory scientists, software engineers and hardware engineers.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical value chain, focused on process improvement and program management in the areas of R&ED, commercial (pre)clinical development.
• Technical and business acumen to analyze and design process improvements in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience gathering business requirement for the development of analytic solutions.
• An experienced IT specialist with an understanding of how to solve business problems. Required to maintain a deep scientific and technological understanding of the Translational and Early Development function within Research and Early Development, Celgene’s business strategy for this area, and all related processes and unique business challenges, including large-scale data management and analysis. This role will actively seek to identify ways to bring innovative solutions to those challenges and ensure they are aligned with business strategies.
At its core, Celgene’s R&D strategy requires data driven decision-making for identifying and matching specific therapeutic approaches with specific patient populations in our priority disease areas. This role is critical for creating the culture, skills, and capabilities to enable that strategy and will be integral to the continued success of Celgene’s R&D efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Build strong relationships with the Strategic Information Management and Translational and Early Development customers. Influence strategic thinking to make use of technology to improve operational efficiency and competitive advantage.
• Partner with Translational and Early Development partners to define the requirements for new solutions and to understand the impact of those solutions on existing systems.
• Maintain an analytic-minded systems approach to translate complex requirements into practical, adaptive solutions
• Work with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrixed approach to create and implement flexible, scalable systems, on premise, hosted, or in the cloud.
• Ensure solutions implementation meet the business needs including comprehensive deployment support, training, user support, and metrics to evaluate value delivery
• Maintain a strong external support network and research mind to stay alert to the evolution of science and technology in the T&ED space
• Apply appropriate financial concepts (e.g. ROI, Cost/Benefit) to determine business implications of technology decisions. Measure and report on value of investments after implementation.
• Formulate approaches that achieve desired business objectives, including defining system scope and objectives and assisting with business case justification and presentation to Executive Management.
• Help prepare and maintain IT annual operating expense and capital budgets for the T&ED portion of the relevant R&D business units.
Functional Knowledge includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Proven ability to identify and deploy solutions to enhance the effectiveness of a complex, scientific, data driven organization; including but not limited to the following:
a. Clinical Pharmacology Data Management and Reporting
b. Non-Clinical Safety Study and Data Management
c. Translational Data and Operational Analytics
d. Clinical and Basic Research Data Repository and Analytics
e. Semantic Text Mining
Position Skills/Knowledge Required:
• Strategic Management
• Vendor Management
• End-to-end Solutions Implementation – including identification, deployment, roll-out, training, and user support
• Business Acumen
• Financial Management
• Return on Investment for IT Projects
• Project Management
• General Management
• Team Building and Leadership
• Analytical Skills
• Risk / Return or Cost Benefit Analysis
Position requires some amount of travel (<10%).
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.