Technical Expert - Consumer Safety - UK
6 days left
- Full Time
Technical Expert - Consumer Safety
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About This Job:
We are currently seeking a scientist to become a key figure in ensuring the safety to consumers following the use of Syngenta’s crop protection products. Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams the role requires the understanding, interpretation and integration of a wide range of residue chemistry data (e.g. metabolism, residue trials, processing) with toxicological outputs to provide consumer risk assessment positions and expertise into European and global projects.
The role also requires the evaluation of new guidelines and approaches to dietary exposure and dietary risk assessment to maintain Syngenta’s competitive advantage. Representation and provision of consumer safety expertise on project teams, working with colleagues from Environmental Safety, Toxicology, Metabolism, Regulatory Affairs and Project Management.
Successful team members have come from a variety of backgrounds – Chemistry, Food Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences, Toxicology, Regulatory, Nutrition
This role will include:
- Providing expertise in the assessment of metabolism and residue data and in dietary risk assessment
- Identifying, defining and solving key scientific problems, particularly on the design, use and interpretation of dietary exposure data
- An understanding of current and future EU regulatory guidelines and issues, devising and advocating techno-regulatory strategies to gain and defend product registrations
- Ensuring the delivery and content of regulatory submission documents meet agreed timelines and quality
- Representing Syngenta in discussions with external regulatory authorities or industry associations
- Participating in science projects and communicating the outcomes within Syngenta and at external venues
To be successful in this role, we believe you will need:
- To be qualified to a minimum of degree level in chemistry, biochemistry, analytical science, environmental chemistry or related subject
- A proven track record of solving difficult and complex technical problems
- Experience of leading and/or working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- An ability to facilitate constructive discussion and resolution of complex technical issues.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Effective advocacy and influencing skills
- Good verbal and written communication and numeracy skills
- To be capable of making good technical judgments in a timely manner
- An ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise work effectively
Preferable knowledge and experience (though not essential):
- Experience of dietary risk assessment in the agrochemical/pesticide industry or in an industry where human exposure evaluations and risk assessments are required
- Knowledge of the EU pesticide guidelines relating to residue chemistry and experience of writing and reviewing EU technical submission documents
Syngenta will offer:
- Campus environment based at Jealotts Hill, Bracknell, Berkshire
- Full Time and permanent contract
- Competitive benefits and salary
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Job: Product Safety
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.