QC Scientist (BioPharm CMC)
3 days left
- Full Time
With more than 47.000 employees around the globe, LabCorp/COVANCE is one of the world’s most comprehensive and experienced contract research organizations (CROs) and laboratory services provider with a tradition of innovation in the science and processes of drug development. We have the ability to offer wealth of services covering all aspects of drug development ranging from non-clinical research services through to post-marketing safety and commercialization services. We are currently the only CRO with this depth of service offerings.
We are currently recruiting a QC Scientists to join our QC Operations Group in Harrogate (UK).
Position is open for foreign candidates with valid work permit in UK who would like to relocate and join us in Harrogate!
Working as part of the QC Operations Group, the QC Scientist routinely manages a number of studies pertaining to common techniques. These techniques may comprise single studies or be part of a larger study / project working in conjunction with the Scientific Lead (SL). This may include but is not limited to; (complex) validation, transfer, batch release and stability studies. They will write protocols and reports for single studies with no assigned SL. The QC Scientist has in depth knowledge in a relevant field and is able to troubleshoot techniques in the area of their expertise. The QC Scientist is accountable for the approval and integrity of the data and associated quality documentation. They are also responsible for the preparation and review of analytical procedures.
In this role, the QC Scientist will provide internal Clients with a central scientific point of contact for techniques within their area of expertise. The individual is accountable for effective communication either directly with the Client or via the SL to ensure that Client requirements and deliverables are met. This involves discussion with the Client / SL to design proposals, working with the PMO, communication with the QC Section Managers and oversight of scientific progress of techniques / studies to ensure the successful, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and completion of projects.
The QC Scientist ensures that the studies are carrried out to the required standards ensuring that all work is conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (GxP). The QC Scientist is required to have an expert knowledge of the GxP and regulatory guidelines. They are the main point of contact for internal and external clients where the molecule is not overseen by the SL. Where the molecule is overseen by a SL the QC Scientist will act as the main technical contact.
The QC Scientist will be responsible for overseeing the work of other QC Scientists where appropriate. They will be expected to train, coach and mentor members of the team and across functions as required.
The individual will identify and communicate scientific and regulatory developments within their field expertise to the molecule management team and the wider senior scientific group (Analytical Development and QC Scientists). There is an expectation that the senior members of the QC Scientist team will be required to travel to visit clients and attend conferences, and represent Covance by preparing and/or giving presentations and writing scientific papers in their area of expertise.
Position is open for foreign candidates with valid work permit in UK whou would like to relocate and join us in Harrogate!
- The post holder should ideally have a relevant degree and/or 5 years relevant Project Management experience.
- The ability to get things done by influencing others (both internal and external).
- An up to date knowledge of regulatory guidelines is desirable.
- Knowledge of capabilities and expertise of the Covance organisation and companies that may provide support services.
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Be accredited to or working towards Project Management Professional (PMP) status and maintain status through conference attendance, presentations etc.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of process excellence processes, tools and activities.
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project).
- An in-depth understanding of health and safety policies, Company policies and procedures, and an in-depth understanding of the GxPs
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels with other Covance employees, as well as external clients, suppliers, etc.
- Industry experience in a relevant field.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and a contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
Bio CMC, BioPharm, Chemistry Manufacturing Control, GCP, GLP, GMP, GxP, Surface Plasmon Resonance, RPR, Biacore, Protein-Protein Interactions, Protein Kinetics, Octet, UK, North Yorkshire, Harrogate, QC Scientist, Lab Scientist, Lab Technician, method development, validation, stability studies.