Senior Industrial Chemist -Dispersions
Senior Industrial Chemist (R&D) £37k + Benefits
North East Midlands ABJ2674
As a senior chemist reporting to the R&D Manager, this role will involve working as part of the R&D team, which is responsible for driving business growth through product innovation and technology development.
You will work as part of a team of chemists contributing to R&D projects and running the dispersions pilot plant at the site. This is very much a hands-on job for which you should be able to demonstrate good problem solving skills, the ability to understand the concepts, adapt and modify the pilot plant formulations where necessary, and contribute fully to the technical development of the projects.
- Work independently, planning and executing technical work programmes associated with projects.
- Work as part of a team of chemists within the pilot environment, and be capable of covering each other’s absence in order to maintain a consistent level of technical input from the pilot team.
- Liaise directly with other technical personnel, attend project meetings, formally present work to colleagues, and contribute at a technical level to the progression of the projects as a whole.
- Understand fully the technical issues around the pilot work, and be able to apply this knowledge effectively.
- Supervise the scale-up of new formulations to production reactors at the site and other sites within the group.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of dispersion development and scale-up.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a BSc in Chemistry
- Relevant work experience (preferably in polymer testing or dispersions or formulations).
- Experience working on a pilot plant site / production site
We can offer an attractive salary, including Profit Related Bonus Scheme, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ2674 on 020 7421 5200 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com