Hybridoma Scientist (Scientist I/II)
5 days left
- Full Time
Based in Cambridge, the Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering team are looking to employ a scientist to generate therapeutic antibodies and tool reagents using hybridoma technology and phage display.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Independently plan, design and conduct experiments to:
- Isolate monoclonal antibodies by hybridoma technology including: design of appropriate immunization strategies, B-cell fusions, hybridoma selections, sequence analysis of hybridoma clones, hybridoma propagation and antibody purification.
- Isolate antibodies from naïve antibody libraries using in vitro display technologies.
- Generate tailored libraries and select for optimized variants using in vitro display technologies or rational engineering.
- Characterise lead antibodies in biochemical and cell based assays.
- Delivery of high quality work to a scientifically rigorous standard.
- Provision of expert knowledge to multidisciplinary project teams to impact project-related decisions.
- Co-ordination of project related activities to ensure all occur in a smooth and timely manner.
- Definition and implementation of process improvements.
- Assessment and implementation of technology improvements.
- Effectively presenting results at internal meetings and external scientific meetings.
- Contributing to MedImmune's external presence by publication in peer reviewed journals in the field.
To be considered, successful applicants will need to have the following background:
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- Proven practical scientific experience of isolating antibodies using hybridoma technology and/or phage display.
- Knowledge of automation, informatics and data management
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Displays a general knowledge of drug development.
- Experienced molecular biologist.
- Excellent scientific communication skills enabling effective working with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to author and publications and raise external visibility of the team via conference presentations and other means.
- Experience of biochemical and cell based screening.
Closing date for applications is October 1st 2016.
Competitive remuneration and company benefit will apply
*NS-MediEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation