Postdoc, Informatics and Knowledge Utilization
1 day left
- Full Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The post-doctoral candidate will act as an independent scientist to answer major outstanding questions around the role of epigenetics in cancer and as a potential avenue for novel therapeutic strategies. He/she will work closely with the bioinformatics and discovery teams to generate data using emerging technologies, innovatively explore and integrate with public data, and independently reach high-impact discoveries. Publications are encouraged. The position is an opportunity to leverage the expertise and resources of a cutting-edge research environment to perform innovate science while exploring industry as a future career prospect.
PhD in computational biology/bioinformatics, statistics, computer science/math/engineering or a related field with a firm grasp of cell biology and/or epigenetics.
Skills/Knowledge Required :
• published evidence of nextgen sequencing data analysis: familiarity with public alignment pipelines, SNV calling algorithms, common NGS manipulation tools and standardized NGS data formats (e.g. SAM/BAM, VCF)
• competent programmer fluent in Unix/Linux, Perl or Python, and R/Matlab/SAS
• experience dealing with terabyte-scale datasets
• strong interpersonal and communication skills
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• outstanding academic and professional track record, including presentations at international conferences and experience producing high quality published research
Additional valuable experience:
• epigenetic profiling technologies and analysis best practices
• single-cell NGS analysis
Note: Postdocs will be eligible for Celgene benefits but will not be entitled to receive Celgene equity, bonuses or annual merit increases. Minimum relocation assistance will be offered on a case by case basis only.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.