Research Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy R&D
3 days left
- Full Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the minimal direction of Director R&D, the Research Scientist will be responsible for performing the laboratory based studies to generate the preclinical PoC datasets, support the candidate development and enable IND submissions for next generation of cell-based immune therapies. The successful candidate will be responsible for experimental data generation and analysis, interpretation and documentation, including regular report and paper generation, presentation of research progress, both written and oral. Expertise in immune based assays and experimental models, strong knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology and immune system development is required. Experience in immune based and/or cell based therapy development preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Key member of the team responsible for the development of novel, disruptive cellular immunotherapy concepts and next generation of cellular therapy product candidates, based on the existing proprietary CCT platforms.
• Design and implement experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation for the discovery and development of novel cell based cancer immunotherapeutics.
• Generate the preclinical PoC, go/no-go decision and IND enabling datasets for novel cell based immunotherapy candidates.
• Maintain cutting edge knowledge and provide expertise in all scientific and technical areas relevant for the discovery and development of cell-based immunotherapeutics.
• As a scientifically rigorous innovator, contribute novel ideas and provide solutions for the achievement of R&D objectives.
• Provide written and oral scientific progress reports to the Director, Executive Management, generate scientific publications and intellectual property applications, as required.
• Maintain laboratory records and electronic files to support experimental studies and intellectual property development.
• Assist in training new staff members as required.
• Work in cross-functional teams and assist other staff members as necessary to complete divisional goals as required.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment in accordance with policies/procedures and OSHA safe laboratory practices, as well as contribute to the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
Skills/Knowledge Required / Desired:
• PhD Immunology or Cell Biology required, 2+ years post-doc experience preferred
• Excellent knowledge of advanced concepts in cellular, molecular immunology and immune system development required
• Extensive research experience in cellular and/or molecular immunology and immune cell based analytics and assay development required (i.e. flow-cytometry, immune-receptor signaling, in vitro / in vivo experimental models of immune cell differentiation and effector function)
• Knowledge and research experience in tumor immunology preferred
• Knowledge, research and / or product development experience in immune and/or cell based therapies
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and regulatory agencies, when necessary.
• Must be goal oriented with the ability to work independently, ability to handle multiple tasks, and ability to prioritize.
• Knowledge of laboratory research software applications is required. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowePoint is essential.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.