Intellectual Property Coordinator-Chemicals-Perm-Essex-£45k
6 days left
- Full Time
Intellectual Property Coordinator - Chemicals - Patent Filing - Patent Applications - Permanent - Essex - £40-45k + Excellent Company Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intellectual Property (IP) Coordinator to join a leading chemical company at their
state of the art facility in Essex.
Your focus will be to take responsibility for the drafting process of Patent Applications in conjunction with an
external patent attorney, and manage both the Patent filing and Patent opposition activities of the company,
and the associated costs. You will also be responsible for managing the IP department on a day to day basis.
- Pro-actively manage the day to day function of the IP Department.
- Pro-actively manage all aspects of the drafting of Patent Applications.
- Be the point of contact with the company's Patent Attorneys in both the UK and Germany.
- Evaluate the Invention reports in a timely manner together with the relevant senior management personnel,
and revert back to the Inventors with the company decision.
- Manage all aspects of the IP Processes (including developing and refining the processes,
- Manage all aspects of the Patent filing and Patent opposition activities of the company and their associated costs
- Produce high quality annual and half-year review reports in a timely fashion
- Advise on 'Freedom to Operate' reviews & issues
- Uses all available systems efficiently and effectively for achieving work program objectives.
- Develop and maintain a detailed technical knowledge of available IP systems.
- Be responsible for internal IP training for other departments, e.g. sales, chemists, scientists.
- Develop and maintain a detailed technical knowledge across a range of technologies.
- Use resources effectively and efficiently and manages multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish targets.
- Build constructive and effective internal and external networks.
Relevant Technical Degree (Chemistry/Biochemistry).
5 years of experience working in an industrial R&D laboratory, of which. 2+ years relevant work experience and understanding the process of writing and filing patents
Salary £40-45k + Excellent company benefits
Apply for Intellectual Property Coordinator-Chemicals-Perm-Essex-£45k
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly