Post Doctoral Fellow Functional Genomics, Immunology & Inflammation
4 days left
- Full Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Translational Development/Pharmacogenomics group is seeking a post-doctoral candidate with a strong background in immunology and inflammatory diseases and preferably with experience in functional genomics. The candidate would evaluate the functional significance of specific human polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with Immunology/Inflammatory-related diseases. In addition to be suitable for publication, the work will support therapeutic target validation efforts as well as patient segmentation strategy for specific disease areas and targets.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Help identify interesting human polymorphisms (from publicly available genetic databases and publications) which functional characterization would help advance our understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms driving specific immunology or inflammatory-related diseases
2. Determine the optimal strategy to investigate the functional consequence of specific polymorphisms using a human cell-based approach
3. Coordinate the generation of gene edited cell lines and recombinant DNA through external commercial partners
4. Generate recombinant cell lines expressing wild-type and mutated forms of specific genes
5. Design, plan and execute cell based assays with gene edited and recombinant cell lines and/or human primary cells/tissues
6. Maintain well written and accurate research electronic notebook detailing work undertaken
7. Comply with laboratory safety procedures
8. Publish findings in peer-reviewed journal
Ph.D. in the field of Immunology and Inflammation
Skills/Knowledge Required :
1. Extensive experience in isolation, culture, and characterization of cell lines and human primary cells
2. Hands-on experience with common immunological assays (cell activation, proliferation assays, cytokine analysis by FACS and ELISA, and multiplex assays)
3. Experience with immune cell activation and characterization assays, multi-parameter flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISpot, RT-PCR, RNA preparation, viral transduction, mammalian cell transfection, immunoprecipitation, and western blotting.
4. Experience in the field of immunology/inflammation is required. Experience on inflammatory bowel diseases, pulmonary fibrosis, human genetics or functional genomics is preferable.
Note: Postdocs will be eligible for Celgene benefits but will not be entitled to receive Celgene equity, bonuses or annual merit increases. Minimum relocation assistance will be offered on a case by case basis only.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.