JOB SUMMARY Salary: $50,000 - $75,000
Responsible for supporting analytical laboratory processes including technology, methodology, laboratory proficiency measurements, research, and scientific processes. Responsible for the development, optimization, validation and troubleshooting of analytical methods for use in the testing of raw materials, intermediates, active nutraceutical ingredients and final products. This position will have routine contact with the company’s client base and will assist with all aspects of the company’s special projects and research initiatives.
Ensure newly validated methods are appropriately transferred into the Quality group for use in methods testing.
Write analytical development reports, validation protocols and reports and other technical documents.
Provide expertise in analytical chemistry for new methods and process development.
Interact effectively with internal and external groups to determine analytical method requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to understand and resolve scientific issues, answer questions and gain customer confidence
- Ability to write scientific and technical proposals, reports, articles and presentations
- Interpret a wide variety of research methods for different food and non-food matrixes to assist with developing projects for customers and internal methods.
- Compile data in various analytical formats
- Interpret data and present findings with appropriate documentation, references, and supporting material to the food and other associated industries
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food and associated industries regulations, issues and trends
- Assist with the design and implementation of proficiency programs within the laboratory network
- Identify and evaluate new technology to ensure the company offers the latest testing to its customer base
- Assist technical team to coordinate and prepare scientific reports and technical articles
- Work on developing proficient and manageable programs for new business resulting in company growth and profitability
- Willing to support all other departments in the lab as needed based on business demand
May take the lead role with two or more employees in the department
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws
Responsibilities may include interviewing, training, directing work, and appraising performance
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
PhD in Food Chemistry or related field preferred
Minimal educational requirement is a Masters in Chemistry/Food Chemistry
Familiarity with GMP, GLP, AOAC, FDA, USP and Compendium methods and procedures and OSHA guidelines
Three or more years’ experience in a commercial food-testing laboratory preferred.
Must have a strong analytical chemistry background and have working knowledge of the LCMS, ICP-MS, ICP-OES, HPLC, GC-MS, and FTIR.
Strong industry background in analytical method development and validation. Sound knowledge of method validation principles specified in USP and FDA.
Wet chemistry and UPS NF compendia methods
Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Apply for Research Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly