JOB SUMMARY Rate: $12.00 - $13.00/hour
The function of this job is to prepare samples for analytical and microbiological testing of food products, ingredients, and environmentals. The position is responsibility for application of approved microbiological techniques and methodologies used in analytical testing.
- Prepare samples for indicator organisms, pathogens, and chemistries
- Apply aseptic techniques in daily workload
- Maintain media and reagents as needed for daily microbiological testing
- Inventory and report expendable supplies/materials needed for testing requirements
- Provide routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and trash disposal
- Perform quality control monitoring by taking incubator temperatures, inoculating control organisms, running media controls, etc.
- Independently pursue an assigned series of processes, procedures, or techniques in accordance with FSNS policies/procedures and customer requirements
- Maintain laboratory condition, to include equipment, supplies, quality assurance programs, and accurate records throughout all procedures
- Perform all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner
- Share information in an open, and timely manner
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
- Responsible for the completion of required training
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate degree in Life Science or two years of laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of aseptic sampling technique, automated lab equipment, and acceptable methods and procedures
- Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory
- BS degree in Life Science or related field preferred
- Ability to travel is preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Food Safety Net Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for Micro Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly