Scientific Director, Global Medical Affairs, AML
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Summary/Scope: The Scientific Director, Global Medical Affairs will report to the Vice President, Global Disease Lead (Lymphoma CLL/Pancreas/Multiple Myeloma/Melanoma, MDS/AML, Lung, Breast). He/she will be headquarters based, and will provide scientific/medical leadership and support for compounds in various stages of clinical development, as well as approved products in that therapeutic area. This individual will support the design and implementation of a strategic disease area medical plan, under the direction of the Global Disease Lead, and in coordination with the Global Franchise Team. They will serve as the Biology/Pathway disease expert. They will also take a leadership role for the execution of Celgene sponsored medical affairs trials and will also assist in the evaluation and support of investigator-initiated trials. He/she will represent Global Medical Affairs as needed on behalf of the Global Disease Lead, serving as a therapeutic area expert in scientific, strategic and tactical discussions and presentations with internal colleagues, including the Global Franchise Team, as well as with external experts and investigators. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Affairs partners in therapeutic area
- Global Medical Affairs Leadership
- Market Access
- Translational Research
- Regulatory Affairs
- Project Leadership
- Investigators, KOLs
- Global steering committees
- Scientific Advisory Boards
- Advocacy groups
- Cooperative groups
Advanced degree (Doctorate) in molecular biology, genomics, cancer biology or other relevant life sciences area. Solid experience in clinical /translational research and/or medical affairs in hematology or oncology with 7 -10 years industry experience. Experience in the conduct of clinical trials in hematology/oncology a plus.
The ideal candidate will have the following mix of professional and personal characteristics:
- Advanced degree (Doctorate) in molecular biology, genomics, cancer biology or other relevant life sciences area required.
- Solid experience in clinical /translational research and/or medical affairs in hematology or oncology with 7 -10 years industry experience required. Master’s degree holders with 10+ years relevant industry experience may also apply.
- Experience in the conduct of clinical trials in hematology/oncology preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and solid experience in translating medical/clinical information into medical affairs strategies. Experience with mining of genomic information from tumor databases and other bioinformatics skills will be a strong plus.
- Proficiency in scientific and clinical data review and interpretation.
- Matrix leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations to large groups, facilitation of interactive discussions, and 1:1 discussions with thought leaders.
- Demonstrated customer focus orientation & credibility with customers.
- Knowledge/application of data sources, reports and tools for the creation of solid plans.
- Possess experience creating and managing budgets
- Regular travel will be required (approx 20%)
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.