Team supervisor – Research & Development in organic synthesis (copy)
NovAliX Job offer
Position: Team supervisor – Research & Development in organic synthesis
Type of contract: Permanent position - Starting date: as soon as possible
NovAliX is a company specialized in outsourced research & development. NovAliX offers a complete range of services in the field of small molecules early drug discovery. The company has a team of 90 scientists, its headquarters in Strasbourg-Illkirch (France) and staff in France and Spain.
Over the last decade, NovAliX developed and became a European leader in the insourced research & development. NovAliX has today 4 insourced teams and will have 2 more collaboration by the end of the year 2016.
Location: Madrid, Spain
As part of the chemistry business unit, you will be in charge of a research team established on the site of one of our clients, a major pharmaceutical company. The team synthesizes organic molecules used in pre-clinical drug discovery programs.
As chemistry team supervisor in NovAliX, your main responsibilities will be:
- Supervise a team of organic chemists. Coach and appraise the team and help collaborators to develop their skills. Monitor individual & team performance for building an effective team.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee the implementation and execution of chemistry programs. Help project managers to troubleshoot and resolve project challenges.
- Develop and maintain client relationships with each scientific requestor and the collaboration managers.
- Regularly report to your management and to clients.
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve various challenges.
Profile & experience:
- You should have a doctorate in organic chemistry, with a post-doctoral work experience during which you have deepened and widened your practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of organic chemistry.
- In addition, you should have a first industrial experience of at least 2 years in Research & Development in organic synthesis (Pharmaceutical and Agrochemical industries, Biotechs, Contract Research Organizations …). During that period, you have developed your skills in projects management and team supervision.
Applications without industrial experience in R&D will not be considered!
We are seeking a person who speaks fluently English and Spanish, who is passionate about organic chemistry and who has a keen sense of responsibility as well as leadership. The candidate will have a rigorous and organized attitude to work with excellent supervisory and reporting skills.
Please send your application in English (CV, research work, references) by email to:
Apply for Team supervisor – Research & Development in organic synthesis (copy)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly