Instructional Designer - Teddington
Job Ref: 65124
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000
Closing date: 27th September 2016
The UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL) sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application. One of the top three National Measurement Institutes (NMIs) in the world, we now have a regional presence and strategic relationships with Surrey and Strathclyde Universities. Our expertise and original research have benefited UK citizens and the UK economy for over a century.
The National Physical Laboratory are looking to appoint a talented Instructional Designer to grow an expanding, sustainable business, through the scripting and implementation of classroom, e-learning and blended learning training courses.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Instructional Designer to join an expanding sector of the business to deliver world-leading measurement knowledge and skills, which are critical to industrial practice, research, development, and to support UK’s wider business success.
As an Instructional Designer you will be able to understand complex knowledge and translate it into educational materials suitable for specialists and non-specialists.
- Create written content for classroom, e-learning and blended-learning courses
- Write scientific content into educational solutions
- Coordinate a range of educational projects
- Develop instructional strategies and specifications within agreed commercial requirements for classroom, e-learning, mobile learning, and blended learning solutions.
- Utilise excellent written English skills to design and develop storyboards and scripts for classroom, e-learning and other digital learning materials
- Carry out quality assurance and quality control reviews of specifications, storyboards and project outputs
- Participate in business development activities such as business to business presentations, and bid writing where required
You should have a relevant degree and experience working in an educational / training development corporate environment. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, and you must be adept at creating, interpreting, consolidating, structuring and presenting complex information in a concise and effective manner, and in a range of formats.
- Proven experience writing/developing classroom, e-learning/mobile learning and blended learning solutions
- Ability to understand complex topics and communicate them simply
- Detailed knowledge of relevant training theories, methodologies and techniques
- Relevant English language qualification at advanced education or degree level
- Experience working in a commercial training development environment (preferably involving e-learning/blended learning solutions)
- Working knowledge of e-learning authoring tools
- Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality control
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly assimilate information
- Ability to be creative within tight time constraints
- Strong project management skills
- Creative thinking and active problem-solving skills
- Experience of Camtasia, Photoshop and Blackboard and the ability to quickly learn new skills, tools, techniques and processes
NPL offers an exciting and challenging set of career opportunities to all our employees, with competitive salaries and a range of excellent benefits.
NPL is located in pleasant surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park in South West London with a host of onsite facilities including a subsidised crèche, restaurant, and a lively sports and social club.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant, free parking and our own sports and social club.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.