Postdoc Fellowship - Computational Biology
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture
Postdoctoral Position in Computational Biology at Celgene (Seattle, WA)
We seek a talented, collaborative interdisciplinary scientist to catalyze the development and application of computational approaches for the analysis of high-dimensional cell and molecular profiling data and integrative modeling of multiscale dynamical biological systems. The successful candidate will work on computational analysis of large multi-omics datasets (including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and phenomics) and mathematical modeling of complex biological systems. Expertise in predictive pattern recognition applied to molecular profiling data and mathematical modeling of biological and disease processes, and demonstrable ability to interpret the output of such analyses in the clinical context, are prerequisite. The successful candidate will be also expected to participate in collaborative projects with Seattle-based leading academic research groups on computational analysis of high-dimensional tissue, cell and molecular profiling data to advance Celgene’s patient-focused Molecular Medicine and Immuno-Oncology efforts.
· A Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related disciplines.
· Expertise in analysis, interpretation and applied computational research on large multivariate molecular profiling datasets.
· Experience with mathematical kinetic modeling of dynamical biological systems.
· Experience analyzing human and/or other organism datasets at scale.
· Experience developing and integrating data analysis tools to manipulate large datasets.
· Experience in machine learning, biostatistics, and sequence analysis.
· Experience with relevant scripting tools (e.g. R, MATLAB, Python, Perl).
· A track record demonstrating scientific creativity, collaboration, and independence.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.