Assistant Editor - London, UK
F1000Research is an innovative open science publishing platform for life scientists, offering immediate publication, transparent peer review (post-publication) and full data deposition and sharing. F1000Research is part of Science Navigation Group, who have a track record of establishing new publishing concepts and who started, for example, the first open access publisher, BioMed Central.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organised individual with good English language skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a strong eye for detail to join the team to work as an Assistant Editor on F1000Research (F1000Research.com) and on a new platform, Wellcome Open Research (Wellcomeopenresearch.org), which will be launched in autumn in collaboration with Wellcome.
The role will involve a wide range of tasks including assessing articles and associated data for appropriateness and editorial quality, some basic editing and tagging, and communication with external members of the scientific community.
You will have a life science postgraduate qualification (such as an MSc or PhD), be an efficient worker, and have excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will also need to be a strong team player who enjoys interacting with people, and be fully computer literate. No previous editorial experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
Informal enquiries may be made to Michaela Torkar, Editorial Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Processing submissions for appropriateness and editorial quality, with some basic editing where required.
- Appropriate tagging of submissions to the relevant scientific sections within the database.
- Providing support for authors using our online submission systems, and managing the resolution of any queries with the appropriate individuals within the team.
- Maintaining content management databases and ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Providing cover for, and assistance to, other team members as required.
- Suggesting improvements to working practices of the team.
- Life sciences/biomedical postgraduate
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoys interacting with people
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong English language skills
- Aptitude for understanding technical issues
- Computer skills essential – especially Word, Excel, Internet searching - and understanding of an online environment
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Interest in science publishing
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations and quoting job reference to: Recruitment, SNG, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London, W1T 4LB, or apply online by clicking on the 'Apply button.
Science Navigation Group is an Equal Opportunities Employee
Apply for Assistant Editor - London, UK
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly