Pricing, Reimbursement and Market Access (PRMA) Consultant
COVANCE is one of the world’s most comprehensive and experienced contract research organizations (CROs) with a tradition of innovation in the science and processes of drug development. We have the ability to offer wealth of services covering all aspects of drug development ranging from non-clinical research services through to post-marketing safety and commercialization services. We are currently the only CRO with this depth of service offerings.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the market access consulting division (PRAMA - Pricing, Reimbursement and Market Access) of a leading global drug development services company, working with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices industries.
At Covance Market Access Consulting we partner with our clients – pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies, including large global corporations and small regional firms – to help them achieve optimal market access for their products, thereby maximising commercial success. Our consultants have solid scientific credentials and provide expertise in fields such as market assessment and stakeholder research, health economic modelling and outcome research studies, development of launch strategies, and value communication. We develop strategies based on research and analysis which provide our clients with in-depth understanding of the market place, the opinions of payers and other decision-makers, and the anticipated market access challenges they may face. This helps our clients plan for launch and beyond. We generate evidence to demonstrate the comparative value of our clients’ products. We distil the value of the product into easy-to-use suites of communication materials and tools – based on clear and consistent arguments – which can be tailored for maximum impact with different audiences.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to fill a Senior Medical Writer/Consultant position. The successful candidate will be actively involved in helping shape and expand our European PRMA consultancy offerings, working closely with colleagues within other areas of Covance Market Access consulting and collaborating with our strong stakeholder and policy research team in the USA.
This will be a permanent, full time position, office-based in central London.
About the job
Your duties will include:
- Producing high-quality PRMA-based deliverables which require few rounds of changes upon internal review.
- Management of projects to ensure clients are provided with an outstanding service including crystal-clear and visually impactful deliverables in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Developing strong relationships with clients, payers, key opinion leaders, other decision-makers and influencers.
- Supporting senior members of staff in providing strategic consultancy to clients suggesting bespoke solutions to address their needs.
- Actively seeking out collaborative opportunities with other departments within Covance.
- Proactively identifying business development opportunities and collaborate with the sales team and consultants to develop opportunities, proposals and increase wins.
To be successful in this position, you will need to hold a life-science, clinical or health economics degree (Masters or PhD degree preferred). You will also need to demonstrate experience within PRMA, with a track record of developing and delivering successful projects to pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
You must be bright, driven and:
- Have demonstrable knowledge of pricing, reimbursement, market access, health policy and regulatory processes in Europe and ideally globally.
- Have experience in market assessment, policy, pricing, reimbursement and stakeholder research projects and the testing of messages/pricing/outcomes; experience with HTA submissions would be an advantage.
- Have experience in the development of discussion guides, recruitment, interviews, transcription and translations and development of in-depth analysis presented as impactful reports in both Word and PowerPoint format, with value message development a bonus.
- Have excellent communication skills and exceptional written English; other language skills are advantageous.
- Experience in business generation activities (proposal development etc.) and establishing and maintaining client relationships would be an advantage.
Covance's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities at an international organization; to pursue further training and to take advantage of our flexible conditions and attractive remuneration package
There is no better time to join us!