Plant Breeder - South East, UK
South East, UK
GW Pharmaceuticals was founded in 1998 and is listed on both the NASDAQ Global Market and AIM. The company is developing a product portfolio of cannabinoid prescription medicines and occupies a world-leading position in cannabinoid science. GW’s vision is to be the global leader in prescription cannabinoid medicines, through the rapid cost-effective development of pharmaceutical products which address clear unmet needs.
The Plant Breeder will be innovative in the use of plant breeding techniques to Introduce new chemotypes, thereby broadening GW’s potential pipeline, and produce new genotypes to broaden GW’s collection and improve agronomic performance.
Along with the Assistant Plant Breeder, manage all practical aspects of the Plant Breeding.
- Optimisation and adjustment of plant materials of existing chemotypes.
- Breeding of materials with novel chemotypes.
- Performing research to increase understanding of genetic mechanisms that determine chemotype.
- Reporting on progress internally and in the form of publications.
- Setting up and monitoring projects and trials both in the glasshouse and in the field.
- Collecting, preparing and analysing samples.
- Recording and assessing data.
- Maintaining breeding plant log to Home Office requirements.
- Co-authoring scientific papers.
- Conventional plant breeding techniques,
- Molecular biology techniques,
- Plant secondary metabolites
- Plant physiology.
- Use of Gas Chromatography
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a team
- Life Sciences degree
Location: South East, UK
To apply please send your CV with salary expectations by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Apply for Plant Breeder - South East, UK
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly