Head of Department, Neuroscience and Mental Health - London, UK
Head of Department, Neuroscience and Mental Health
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. We’re a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations and spark debate.
We are looking for a Head for our Neuroscience and Mental Health department (NMH). In this role, you will lead on Wellcome’s strategy, policy and direction for our NMH research funding programmes, both in the UK and internationally.
You will ensure:
- continual engagement and development of our NMH funding portfolio
- grantholder ideas are stimulated and advanced
- new opportunities are identified and seized
- barriers to fulfilling potential are removed.
You will have a PhD and significant postdoctoral research experience in neuroscience and/or mental health and have excellent knowledge of the funding and research environments in those areas.
In addition, you will demonstrate:
- excellent people skills, with experience of inspiring and developing teams
- an open mind with a flexible, inclusive approach
- significant senior author publications, reporting discoveries and/or industrial invention
- persuasive communication skills and the ability to act as a highly credible ambassador for Wellcome
We look to embrace differences of perspective at all levels of our organisation, and value talented people from diverse backgrounds who will help to make our vision a reality.
We offer a competitive salary (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.
To apply, submit a CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for this post by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Applications deadline: Thursday 13 October
Interviews date: First round – w/c 24 October; second round – w/c 31 Octobe