Head, Companion Diagnostics
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Companion Diagnostics Group Leader will have responsibility for building Celgene companion diagnostics development capability. He/she will be responsible for defining the Celgene Diagnostics strategy in collaboration with senior management stakeholders of the global Celgene organization from early to late stage development and life cycle management. This position will be responsible for building a world class diagnostics development team and ensuring that portfolio priorities and development timelines are met. The successful candidate should have extensive senior leadership experience,
excellent communication skills bridging strategic and technical expertise in co-development of diagnostics for oncology and inflammation, immunology products.
• Attract, retain and develop a world class Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Development team and build a culture that cultivates teamwork and high performance.
• Lead development and implementation of the Celgene companion diagnostics strategy in collaboration with Regulatory, Clinical Development and Commercial Organizations.
• Serve as both individual contributor for high priority initiatives, drug development project in addition to having leadership and supervisory responsibilities for the group.
• Ensure that Diagnostics Development group adequately supports priorities of Celgene Franchises, provides diagnostics development expertise and guidance for Disease Strategy Teams and Global Project Teams across all stages of
• Lead evaluation of diagnostics platforms, actively seek new products/technologies, effectively partner and foster key collaboration with appropriate industry, academies and government partners in support of Celgene CDx strategy.
• Demonstrate strong people and management skills, lead by example with a high level of emotional intelligence and dedicated to working collaboratively with other functional groups.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have
authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Experience: 12+ years industry experience.
• Ph.D., in biological sciences with 10-12+ years of related leadership experience in companion diagnostics development, ideally in a diagnostic company setting or in a Pharma CDX group.
• A record of building and directing highly productive teams with a strong record of organizational experience.
• In depth scientific and technical background in diagnostics development and drug development across all stages of development.
• Strong understanding of industry trends, Regulatory environment, regulatory paths for in vitro diagnostics in US, Europe, Japan and other major markets.
• Management experience with ability to set priorities, direct projects and implement complex strategies and work on cross-functional teams.
• Highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work across numerous scientific disciplines.
• Excellent managerial, supervisory, communication and leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.