Analytical Chemist - Drug Formulations - Surrey - £26 - £33k
Analytical Chemist - Topical Drug Formulation - Method Development - Surrey - £26 - £33k
A small, innovative Drug Delivery Company is currently looking to appoint an Analytical Chemist to work alongside a team of topical drug formulation experts. As a key member of the company you will be responsible for carrying out analytical projects including stability testing and method development/validation. Topical drug formulation projects are typically early phase which offers the opportunity to directly influence project development, interact with collaborators/partners and requires innovative skills.
· Experience working in a pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory, including operating, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC systems,
Experience of HPLC method development, method validation and stability testing programs
· Experience with topical drug formulations, including analytical sample preparation and assessment of physical stability parameters would be desirable
· Solid experience in writing and maintaining SOPs, high quality lab notebook documentation, and ability to write thorough scientific reports
· Familiarity with Waters HPLC systems and Empower software is an advantage
· Hands-on experience in carrying out stability testing and the development of stability-indicating analytical methods using HPLC for pharmaceutical applications
· Experience in challenges specifically posed by working with topical formulations (extraction methods, APIs in aqueous and/or oil phase etc) would be advantageous.
· Knowledge of pharmaceutical development regulatory guidelines including ICH guidelines.
· Team-worker and ability to plan and conclude on own working tasks
· Able to work independently on analytical method development and stability testing
· Systematic working method (development of and working with SOPs, data report writing, design-implementation-execution of stability programmes)
· Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, able to independently handle a wide variety of work assignments and meet tight timelines
· Candidate will work in a fast changing environment and needs good judgment and awareness to recognise and solve laboratory/data issues
· Good writing, communication and time-management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, and similar software
· Proactive mentality and ability to work in a small team environment are important characteristics
Salary - £26 - £33k
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri (9-5)
Apply for Analytical Chemist - Drug Formulations - Surrey - £26 - £33k
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly