Senior Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene Quanticel Research is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sr. Research Associate who is an in vivo specialist to join our drug discovery research team based in San Francisco, CA.
The successful candidate will assist in designing and executing in vivo studies to evaluate new drug candidates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and characterizing patient-derived xenograft mouse models of cancer, running in vivo efficacy studies (including tumor measurements and dosing (IV, IP, PO), and support for PD/biomarker analysis efforts.
- Executes experiments, conducts analysis and reports results.
- Other tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 4 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- In vivo experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Solid understanding of murine in vivo cancer models including monitoring animals, tumor measurements, dosing protocols, and study designs and data presentation is required.
- Ability to solve problems, work in close coordination with other research scientists, and provide clear and concise result summaries to lab head and small groups is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work in role requiring strong attention to detail and organization is critical
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.