Global R&D Packaging Senior Associate/Associate
Based within the Global R&D Packaging team, part of the Home Packaging Team (HPT), you will drive the structural packaging development, from the idea to the launch on the market, of some of RB most interesting and exciting brands.
Working within the Global R&D Packaging team you will focus on structural packaging development for our Home Category and have the opportunity to shape the future of multi-million brands like: Airwick, Vanish and Finish.
You will be responsible for the development of new packaging solutions for future product launches:
- Lead NPD projects involving new and novel packaging components or technologies
- Ensure all packaging elements are delivered within budget and to agreed set timescales and quality requirements
- Create detailed project success criteria, in place for all projects and each aspect fulfilled
- Provide technical inputs into design briefs
- Collaborate closely with many internal partners: marketing, trade, legal, regulatory, R&D, regional packaging teams, engineering and procurement, etc. and external: suppliers, tool makers, design agencies, test houses, universities, creative agencies, etc.
- Work closely with CMI groups to ensure all NPDs link back to the Consumer and their needs
- Manage pilot tool qualification ensuring all packaging is fit for purpose and meets set KPIs
- Support Production Tool qual. & Line validation
- Ensure all new product developments are compliant and adhere to the requirements from other work stream such as: Formulation, Regulatory, Quality
You will generate packaging solutions and elaborate packaging ideas to support the different categories’ pipeline and carry out related packaging feasibly studies
- Collaborate with the other Home Packaging Team (HPT) members and with the wider RB packaging community to proactively suggest packaging ideas to meet categories and consumers needs
- Identifies and evaluates new packaging solutions and trends. This could include: technologies, materials and processes
- Develop to a proof of principle (functional mock-up) relevant product ideas, covering product costing and technologies testing exercise
You will make our products more cost effective and more sustainable via:
- Take part in Gross margin improvement and Sustainability programs
You will be the owner of your own carrier development and contribute to the overall R&D Global Packaging Team development:
- Proactively contribute to the creation of operational excellence models
- Highlight own training needs and work with your manager to develop a training plan and achieve training goals
- Degree/Master Degree in Packaging Engineering or related scientific fields - Completion of a professional qualification such as the Institute of Packaging preferred.
- Experience in packaging development within:
- Packaging (plastic, metal, glass, paper) companies
- FMCG companies
- Experience in product development and project management within packaging/devices or any other relevant industry
- Experience in manufacturing technology both on the making of the packaging components as well as the related filling and packing technology is consider an advantage
- Knowledge/understanding of:
- Relevant packaging legislations, regulations and standards
- Intellectual property issues associated with structural packaging design
- Quality principles and statistical tools like: AQL, cpk, Six Sigma, FMEA, etc…
- Knowledge of product development tools like DATP/PATP, CPS, DOE, etc..
- Graphic design tools like: Illustrator and Photoshop
- 3D design tools like: SolidWorks, Pro-E or similar
- Passionate and willing to embrace new challenges - prepared to run the extra mile to make it happen
- Strong intellectual curiosity with an appetite for exploring new and previously uncharted territories and an openness to change and ability to think out of the box
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organisational capabilities
- Excellent team working skills, collaborative and inclusive with the ability to work well in cross functional teams
- Global mind set, commercial understanding of corporate and operational business issues
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills - Good influencing and negotiation skills