Scientific Sales Specialist - Life Science, Microscopy and Imaging Instrumentation
An excellent opportunity for a BSc, MSc or PhD educated life scientist with post-degree laboratory experience (practical experience in microscopy and imaging), with the drive and motivation to move into scientific sales!
PRODUCTS: Life Science and Microscopy instrumentation and consumables
TERRITORY: East Anglia
CLIENTS: Research and Academic Laboratories
This role is field-based travelling to customers around 80% of the week, with around 20% working from home, following up on administrative duties.
- To promote and sell products to customers within your designated territory or as directed by management
- Achieve revenue sales targets
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences and exhibitions to promote company brand when appropriate
- Provide consultation guidance, ensuring that the correct products are recommended to suit customers' needs
- Work closely with the marketing team
- Ensure the demonstration equipment that you are in possession of is always in good working order.
- Provide a comprehensive monthly report of the previous month's activity and objectives for the coming month. Provide a forecast of sales on a monthly basis.
- Provide a detailed business plan for your territory that identifies target accounts and potential future customer capital equipment projects.
- Make positive recommendations on ways in which products can be improved
- Make suggestions for new products or system solutions
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity and products in the market
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Science discipline - a PhD or BSc/MSc with post-degree laboratory experience
- Experience using a range of instrumentation in the laboratory is preferred, specifically within the life science discipline
- Target-driven sales experience is preferred but not essential
- Driven, motivated and an excellent communicator.
- Able to work independently and effectively as part of a team
Apply for Scientific Sales Specialist - Life Science, Microscopy and Imaging Instrumentation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly