SALES & APPLICATION SPECIALIST / Molecular Biologist, HLA, qPCR, NGS / Passionate & Collaborative
In your role as Sales & Application Specialist at GenDx you direct and manage both the direct sales activities as some local GenDx’s local distributors. You play a critical role in supporting, educating, and partnering with customers and distributors to ensure their success. You challenge them to think differently about the diagnostic routines. You demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and are strongly self-motivated: you can act independently but also work successfully as part of a multidisciplinary team. You have knowledge of genomics technology applications including qPCR, genotyping and (next generation) DNA sequencing. You are familiar with immunological matters, preferably including the HLA gene family.
Your main tasks will be:
- Proactively engage with existing and prospective customers to promote GenDx’s technology.
- Increase the presence of GenDx by contacting and qualifying leads.
- Provide demonstrations and laboratory training of GenDx reagents strategy and software applications.
- Draft quotations, negotiate sales terms and coordinate sales agreements.
- Develop the distributors’ network and maintain relationships.
- Coordinate activities to support distributors, advancing their technical and marketing & sales expertise.
- Communicate customer needs to GenDx R&D team.
- Keep customer information up to date in GenDx’s CRM system.
- Represent GenDx professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
To execute this role you need 4-5 years relevant experience in a Life Science laboratory with a background in molecular biology as PhD or B.ASc (Applied Sciences). Preferably, you have a track record in sales of products for molecular diagnostics. You are experienced with techniques such as quantitative real-time PCR, DNA sequencing using Next Generation Sequencing platforms and related analyses software. You are strongly self-motivated and you act collaboratively with team members. You possess strong communication and presentation skills, and are fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch (written and spoken). You are willing to travel about 50% of your time within the Benelux, Nordics, United Kingdom and Ireland.
For further information please look at www.GenDx.com or call Jan Duiker B.ASc, Sales & Export Manager, +31 6 231 590 86.
Apply? Send your CV and a cover letter (stating 2016_11 and your name) before 29th September 2016 to Roelien Brommersma MSc, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General information GenDx is a science-based enterprise in the Life Sciences, located in Utrecht in the Netherlands. GenDx employs about 40 employees and is working according to ISO13485 quality standards. We ask your complete commitment. In exchange you will have ample time to develop your own creativity and input as well as good working conditions. GenDx encourages colleagues to become blood, organ and/or stem cell donor.
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered.
Apply for SALES & APPLICATION SPECIALIST / Molecular Biologist, HLA, qPCR, NGS / Passionate & Collaborative
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly