Simulation Developer (copy)
Simulation tools underpin all the performance development work at McLaren Racing, both in understanding how the current car is behaving on track and optimising performance for the next run, event or season. The successful applicant will be responsible for modelling dynamic systems, maintaining and designing algorithms to interrogate our vehicle models, and for developing tools for vehicle dynamists, aerodynamicists and race engineers. By supporting existing tools and developing new simulations and toolsets, this position plays a crucial role in the success of the team whilst also offering a surprisingly broad range of exciting technical challenges beyond what you might traditionally associate with a racing team.
- Modelling and simulation of dynamic systems.
- Developing and supporting high quality simulations.
- Generating clear and well documented code
- Innovation and development of new ideas
- Providing technical assistance to the broader team
The successful candidate:
- Educated to Masters, or ideally PhD, level in Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics.
- Experienced in using numerical methods, modelling and simulation techniques
- Excellent technical ability with strong mathematical skills and knowledge of dynamical systems analysis and control.
- Proven ability to innovate.
- Expertise in the use of MATLAB, Simulink and C++
- Work effectively in a team with good organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of operating autonomously with minimal direction and able to integrate quickly and easily into the team