Science Portfolio Adviser/Developer - London, UK
Science Portfolio Adviser/Developer
Clinical and Physiological Sciences
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. We’re a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations and spark debate.
We are seeking up to two Science Portfolio Advisers or Developers to contribute to managing the Clinical and Physiological Sciences portfolio within our Science division.
In this role you will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including other funders, and support and advise our community of researchers. You will need to keep abreast of the scientific field and attend relevant national and international conferences.
To succeed, you’ll need to have a PhD or medical degree, and postdoctoral scientific experience in a relevant physiology discipline. Some experience working outside academia in a research, funding or policy role would be advantageous.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you can:
- see the big picture and recognise scientific potential and opportunities
- assimilate complex issues and work across science areas
- lead and manage teams
- communicate effectively and confidently with individuals and groups
- confidently interact with your peers and the external scientific community
- work effectively and cooperatively within a team/matrix structure
- apply your strong analytical and written skills to the development of briefing/position documents.
The salary will be between £36,000 and £52,000 pa, dependent on experience.
For more information and to apply online, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Closing date: 12 October 2016
Interview date: 25 October 2016