This is a great opportunity for a Packaging Technologist to work at one of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies. This role will be based at the company’s office in Harlow, Essex. The organisation develops innovative products across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, oncology, and respiratory, and employs 100,000 staff globally.
Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Packaging Techologist will provide packaging support to the PD project teams, CTS, and Global Manufacturing Supply network, to ensure:
- Development requirements to support qualification, registration, and launch key events are met
- Recommend primary packaging components
- Complete primary packaging specifications and testing
- Manage/complete stability packaging campaigns
- Review of post launch primary packaging changes or stability issues, as needed or requested
- Alignment of primary pack component usage through PD, CTS, and GMS with Global Procurement input/support to ensure cost effective solutions (i.e., material selection and process)
- Assessment of new materials, components, and technologies for both technical performance and cost effectiveness
- Globally harmonized and coordinated strategies for pack development activities
- Packaging input to lean manufacture/packaging
- Industry and global developments in packaging, and their adoption to support NPS
- Support the development and execution of Global Manufacturing Supply Procurement strategies and sourcing groups
- CMC regulatory strategy on packaging, especially the primary packaging
- Guidance and cross project support to Regulatory, Quality, and GMS
Qualifications and Experience
The successful Packaging Technologist will need a B.S./M.S. degree in Packaging Engineering/Packaging Science, Chemistry, Life Science, or equivalent industry experience, with minimum 1 year experience in package development, primarily in pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging and technology, regulatory requirements, and the R&D, NPS, and technology transfer processes
- Demonstrated track record for accomplishment in delivering projects, working within a complex, multi-disciplinary technical organization and matrix teams, working effectively across organizational, territorial, and cultural boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish delivery of projects, meet project milestones, and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of domestic and international packaging requirements and regulations (i.e., current applicable FDA/MAA guidelines, USP/Ph Eur, etc)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and Design of Experiments as they apply to packaging operations
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable. In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on 0203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com. A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.