Capsule Characterisation Scientist - London
Capsule Characterisation Scientist
We are seeking a Particle Characterisation Scientist to join our innovative Science & Technology function in Ashford, Kent. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary Measurement Science team providing expertise and tools to enable rapid technology development and substantiation of fragrance benefits. Working within an industry-leading facility you will develop effective methods of understanding and screening performance parameters associated with microencapsulation and delivery systems. The role will include investigation into particle deposition, release profiling and rupture behaviour across a diverse range of consumer products. You will work alongside industry experts in physical chemistry, device development, colloid science, encapsulation and olfactometry as well as collaborating with academics and external research organisations.
Your professional profile should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline
- Practical experience of scientific instrumentation relevant to capsule/particle behaviour
- Background in formulation science (desirable but not essential)
- Well-developed problem solving ability
- Excellent team-working skills
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Contributing to proactive research projects and business requests
- Practical implementation of project objectives
- Generating and interpreting experimental data
- Effectively presenting results and issuing high quality reports
Your Future Employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours with 9,000 employees across 40 different countries and a global scientific community of over 400. We are a company that believes in the value of our work. From the fragrances which bring back happy memories to the flavours that improve diets by boosting the taste of healthy food, we work to make an real impact to people’s lives. With scientific interest in areas ranging from neuroscience through to delivery systems, our broad scientific base provides a stimulating environment to develop world class expertise.
To find out more and apply, click on the 'Apply' button.