Senior Scientist - Lenexa, Kansas
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist and a team player to join us in our R&D Innovation Center located in Lenexa, KS. The successful candidate should be passionate about conducting food science research in the areas of lipids, cereal chemistry, food polymer science, food applications, as well as food ingredient functionalities and interactions.
Your primary responsibilities will be conducting exploratory research projects both independently and/or in collaboration with both internal and external partners.
This scientist should have good communication skills and interpersonal skills to work successfully in cross-functional teams. Conduct and manage exploratory research projects independently. This includes reviewing and identifying new projects, developing and executing the technical plans, collecting and analyzing data, communicating results internally and externally, generate reports, make presentations, and/or publish papers and/or patents.
As our senior scientist, your main tasks would be:
- Participate effectively as a member or trainer in cross functional teams that may include representatives from Sales, Marketing, Operations, etc. as the needs of the project dictate.
- Work on basis of self-management and multiple project/tasks management.
- Participate in idea contribution, root-cause analysis, and problem solving discussions.
- Conduct the needed food application experiments in supporting his/her research projects.
- Provide technical insights and supports to other R&D projects.
- Travel a minimum of 10%.
- Be flexible in taking additional tasks as needed to support company’s business goals.
B.S. degree required (Master or PhD preferred) in Chemistry, Food Science or Cereal Chemistry.
Furthermore you have:
- Proven experience in food chemistry research or application labs
- A strong understanding of the principles of food chemistry and/or biochemistry, food ingredient functionalities, and the chemical and physical interactions during food processing is strongly desirable
- Experience in both product development and the corresponding analytical and/or characterization techniques involving fats and oils, emulsifiers, and food systems are required
- Skills in experiment design and in using statistical analysis tools are strongly desired
- A track record of successful food science related research and publications are strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive remuneration with for example collective health insurance and a bonus based on personal and company targets.
Corbion (www.corbion.com) is a global leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and lactides, and a leading company in functional blends containing enzymes, emulsifiers, minerals, and vitamins. We deliver biobased products made from renewable resources and applied in global markets like bakery, meat, culinary, pharma, home and personal care, and resins.
Operating worldwide, Corbion is a global company generating an annual sales of € 918 million in 2015 and employs a workforce numbering 1,673 in 20 countries. We work across two distinct segments: Biobased Food Ingredients and Biochemicals.
Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Further information/how to apply
For further information please contact Recruitment via email@example.com
Interested? Apply online via the 'Apply' button, please attach cv and motivation letter.
We will not respond to recruitment agency contact.