Associate Bioengineer II
6 days left
- Full Time
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Summary: Design, perform, and interpret experiments, with minimal supervision, to support cellular process development and pre-clinical supply. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory. Generate cellular supply for Pre-Clinical studies from Process Development laboratories and/or participate in Pre-Clinical or Clinical supply campaigns with manufacturing staff. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
B.S. or M.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Biology or related discipline.
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Biology related discipline with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is required
- Experience working in a regulated environment would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.