Senior Biochemistry Team Leader - Berkshire, UK
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Biochemistry Team Leader - (1602901)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Syngenta are seeking a Senior Biochemistry Team Leader, working within a highly qualified team, to play a key and influential role on the scientific direction of R&D projects.
Based at our International Research Centre at Jealotts Hill, you will lead a team of scientists within the Herbicide Bioscience group and will work in cross-functional project teams to address challenges in both herbicide and herbicide-resistance trait invention through innovative approaches.
- Working as the specialist inmolecular enzymology you will provide advice and guidance to project teams in R&D with focus on herbicides and herbicide tolerant traits
- Lead a team of scientists in the development of technical solutions and biochemical assays for the application of mode of action research, herbicide invention, engineering herbicide resistance traits and synthetic biology
- Work within or lead cross functional teams (incl. molecular biologists, crystallographers, biologists and synthetic chemists) to navigate the design and optimization of chemicals and traits
To be successful in this role we believe you should have:
- Formal scientific education (minimum Postdoctoral experience) in molecular enzymology,
- Extensive demonstrable experience in biochemistry
- Ideally with experience in developing inhibition assays and conducting enzyme kinetic studies to elucidate mechanisms of enzyme catalysis and inhibition
- Requires effective communication and influencing skills across disciplines, openness and willingness to listen, as well as strong people leadership
Syngenta will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Campus working environment with excellent facilities
G06-Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Bracknell RG42 6EY
Biological Sciences Testing
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.