R&D Engineer - Heerlen, Netherlands
In the challenging world of specialty fertilizers, a company striving to keep the lead like ICL Specialty Fertilizers needs rapid adaptation to market requests and continuous introduction of new products while keeping high quality and strict compliance with regulations.
In this dynamic environment you, as R&D engineer, will use your innovative and out of the box thinking to adapt and improve existing processes and develop novel technologies for the polymer coating of fertilizers. You will be directly involved in virtually all the stages of the development, from the manufacturing of prototypes in the lab to the scale up and design of the full commercial scale process, including in-house trials but also with third parties. As R&D engineer you will be leading research initiatives and propose new approaches for which you will use your strong engineering skills with a proactive mind-set, not afraid to get your hands dirty, to be able to be the driving force that makes things happen.
You will be part of the R&D Engineering group in Heerlen (The Netherlands) which is part of the global ICL Specialty Fertilizers R&D, with possible assignments to different locations worldwide.
Position and key responsibilities
- Lead and manage a certain number of projects in the area of novel coatings for fertilizers;
- Define goals, set priorities and drive the project forward within budget and time.
- Plan, lead and perform sets of experiments and plant trials, in-house or by third parties, within your projects or as support for other R&D groups
- Collaborate with supply-chain and all involved parties for the scale-up of different processes
- Take active part in the engineering aspects of different developments in the coating of fertilizers
We are looking for a pragmatic, self-propelled person with the following profile:
- MSc/MEng degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering
- Preferably with proven experience in industrial research or, alternatively, a PhD degree in a related field
- Hands-on approach to R&D; performing tests and experiments at different scales (lab, pilot, production)
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch is a plus)
What we offer
We offer a challenging fulltime role in a dynamic environment where you will be developing the new products and processes that will make the strong growth ambitions of ICL become true. We always strive to be the best and encourage everyone who works with us to excel. We also embrace diversity, give people the latitude to express themselves and value differing opinions.
We offer a great remuneration package (including for example a competitive salary, 25 holidays) and variety in career opportunities national or international.
Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button and submit a copy of your current CV along with a cover letter. For more information about this position you can contact Peggy de Mey, Talent Acquistion Specialist via email@example.com or +31 641656203
Our history began in the early 20th century with the first efforts to extract minerals from the Dead Sea in Israel's South. During this period, several other state-owned companies were created to extract minerals from the Negev Desert and transform them into chemical products. Over the years, many of these companies were joined to become today’s ICL (Israel Chemicals Ltd.).
Today we are a global powerhouse in fertilizers and specialty chemicals with production activities located in Israel, Europe, the US, South America and China, and a worldwide marketing and logistics network. Nearly 50% of our sales are derived from products manufactured outside of Israel, demonstrating the geographical diversity of our operations.
ICL has expanded its global presence in established markets such as North America and Europe, as well as in targeted emerging regions, such as China, India and Brazil. This expansion has also resulted from business acquisitions and the establishment of Regional centres and joint ventures with strong, local partners. By focusing on products that contribute to the world’s long-term sustainability, we believe that this is enhancing our positioning in markets with strong long-term growth potential.
Please see our website www.icl-group.com where you will find more about our culture and values as well as our successes and the strategy “Next Step Forward”.
Agency calls are not appreciated.