Senior Scientist – Behavioral Science - Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Senior Scientist – Behavioral Science
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a: Senior Scientist – Behavioral Science We don’t just want any scientist, here is our checklist:
- PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Consumer Behavior Research, or another related-field
- Proven experience in behavioral assessment acquired in academia or industry, preferably in a regulated consumer products industry such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, tobacco, food or cosmetics
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP and excellent writing skills for regulatory submissions
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Statistical skills (SAS or other statistical software) are an advantage
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback from different stakeholders and management, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Behavioral Science team within the Scientific Office (in Philip Morris Products S.A., R&D) in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
The objective of Philip Morris International Inc (PMI)’s R&D team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
As a Senior Behavioral Scientist, you will provide scientific and technical leadership in Perception and Behavior assessments by independently applying scientific knowledge.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership for the selection, planning, implementation, interpretation and reporting of behavioral assessment in RRP pre and post-market studies.
- Collaborate closely with the clinical, Perception and Behavior Assessment (PBA) and post-market operation teams and interact with other PMI functions such as Market Research, Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Affairs to support the development of the assessment framework, strategy and plan.
- Be accountable for the evaluation and scientific assessment related of behavior research projects, including preparation of summary reports, literature reviews, white papers, and analyses across studies.
- Review the latest scientific developments in behavioral science and propose new research methods to be implemented for assessment, in line with the team's strategy, plan and activities.
- Ensure necessary extensions of our Expert Network and develop and maintain research collaborations.
- Develop a publication and communication plan in line with our scientific engagement priorities.
- Actively contribute to the behavioral assessment team responsibilities, such as maintenance and improvement of processes, technical training, management interactions, and team presentations.
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
- We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
- We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our flexible work arrangement program;
- We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes.
Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
*Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.