Product Engineer (Manufacturing) - Midlands
5 days left
- Full Time
Product Engineer (Manufacturing) c£28-30k + Bonus + Benefits
Midlands AB J2311
An experienced Product Engineer is urgently required to support the Engineering and Technology Manager in the smooth implementation of new parts into the UK product portfolio.
- To provide Engineering expertise in the smooth execution of key projects on site, including,
- Use of the NPI project Management system
- Understanding of Engineering drawings (physical and electronic, e.g. CAD)
- Gauge R&R
- Project planning
- Analysis of CMM and other processing data
- Follow the trial and change management procedures
- Competent using the Company’s ERP systems (e.g. IFS / CRM) including,
- To have a sound understanding of Gross Margins for assigned customers part numbers. Interrogate this information and implement improvement plans as required.
- To be expert in communication / coordination with production to ensure trials are completed to plan, to allow timely completion of projects.
- To provide clear and concise feedback to all stakeholders (customers and internal) on project status and where necessary communicate deviations from project plans.
- To have an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing process used at the UK sites.
- To be a hands on Engineer who, when required, is capable of running trials unaided.
- To have an understanding and demonstrate use of root cause analysis techniques, including, but not exclusively, the following:
- PFMEA / FMEA, 5Y, 8D, Ishikawa Diagrams PIR/CAR reports
- Basic Six Sigma terminology.
- To support Manufacturing and Commercial functions with product costing across company sites.
- To compile clear and concise reports on projects, including executive summaries for the GM and SMT.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- PC literate (with expertise in MS Word, Excel and Minitab)
- Experience in an Engineering function is desired
- Knowledge/understanding of Ceramic Core Product and Manufacturing Process
- Knowledge/understanding of Export controls and restrictions
- A sound understanding of the IFS system is desired.
- Able to secure customer confidenceand the ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
- Clean driving licence preferable
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T: 0203 588 1338 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post REF: ABJ2311.
Apply for Product Engineer (Manufacturing) - Midlands
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly