Protein Engineering Scientists- Infectious Diseases - Oxford
7 days left
- Full Time
Protein Engineering Scientists- Infectious Diseases
Calling Protein Scientists interested in treating Infectious Diseases!
Despite living in the age of vaccines and antibiotics, infectious diseases remain one of the leading causes of death worldwide. At Immunocore, we’re expanding our horizons by applying our T cell receptor platform to discovering new infectious disease treatments. We’re seeking Protein Scientists who can help us make a difference!
We’re on the hunt for pragmatic, open-minded, collaborative bench scientists who are looking to contribute and grow in an open, team-oriented environment. As a member of our Protein Science team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Expressing, isolating and characterising native human TCRs that recognize specific peptide antigens derived from viral or bacterial pathogens
- Enhancing the affinity of promising wild type TCRs using our proprietary phage-display approach
- Isolating non-native TCRs from internally-generated phage libraries
- Collaborating with scientists from cell and preclinical biology groups to assess the robustness of TCRs as they advance toward development candidate selection
- Analyzing and reporting experimental results to the broader infectious disease team
- Designing experiments factoring recent data and feedback from your colleagues
To succeed in this role, you’ll have technical proficiency in the areas of protein biochemistry, including:
- E. coli-based expression,
- chromatography-based purification (preferably using the AKTA system with IEX, SEC, and affinity chromatography),
- characterisation using SDS-PAGE and preferably ligand-ligand interaction screening (e.g. BIAcore or Octet systems).
- technical proficiency in molecular biology disciplines, such as PCR, cloning and DNA sequence analysis and site-directed mutagenesis ( desirable but not essential)
We can readily provide training in DNA library construction/screening using phage display, RNA purification and handling, and BIAcore or Octet if you haven’t had the opportunity to have hands-on experience with these techniques yet.
- BSc with lab experience is essential for this role
- MSc or PhD in protein engineering/biochemistry/molecular biology or a related discipline is desirable.
If this sounds like an exciting role that matches your skills and interests, please consider applying to help us develop novel TCR-based protein therapeutics to treat infectious diseases.
Please send your application (copy of C.V. and short covering letter) by clicking on the 'Apply' button or to Mrs. C. Canuto, Immunocore Limited, 101 Park Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience; benefits include pension scheme and private health insurance.
Apply for Protein Engineering Scientists- Infectious Diseases - Oxford
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly