Analytical Development Scientist (AS I/II) - Cambridgeshire, UK
6 days left
- Full Time
Analytical Development Scientist (AS I/II)
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths. MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Based in Cambridge the Biopharmaceutical development team is looking to recruit an experienced analytical development scientist to join them on permanent basis.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to work on very exciting projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- This is a laboratory-based position supporting the analytical development of a range of biotherapeutic proteins, including ADCs, bispecific and fusion proteins.
- Routinely analysis using physicochemical and characterisation methods to develop product and process understanding.
- Method development, qualification, tech transfer and continuous improvement of physicochemical methods.
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to cross functional teams. Preparation of SOPs and technical reports
- Instrument understanding, maintenance and trouble shooting.
Background and education:
- Educated to either BS or MS level with extensive relevant experience
- Degrees in Biochemistry/Biophysical Chemistry/Biochemical Engineering or similar are highly desired.
It is essential that the successful applicant has routinely used physicochemical methods such as N-linked glycan analysis, chromatography (SEC and IEC), electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE and c-IEF) and LC-MS to analyse therapeutic proteins. As the position requires high quality reporting/presentation of analytical data to non-expert audience, the jobholder will need to have existing experience in this area as well. As most teams in Medimmune work with cross functional teams, the successful applicant is required to have experience in working effectively in a cross-disciplinary/cross functional team.
It is also desired to have experience in the following areas:
- Experience of Bioprocess Development and CMC related activities
- Experience working in a regulated (GLP) environment is desirable
- Strong understanding of biochemistry and protein chemistry
Please note last day for submitting applications are November 30th.