Associate Director, Product Development & Strategic Partnerships
Our client, a global leader in the generics field, is currently seeking to hire an Associate Director, Product Development and Business Development to be based in Dublin, Ireland.
Key job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Independently lead, oversee, and guide external product development initiatives for the development of niche and emerging products. These products include those that are developed at third party site and require a company representative to oversee partnership product development based on scientific principles and regulatory requirements befitting a culture of corporate compliance, speed-to-market philosophy, and organizational excellence.
- As a scientific expert, lead opportunities related to due diligences for in-licensing or acquisition of products and related assets (dossiers, technology, etc.) This includes a thorough review and understanding of the offered products' characteristics and performance based on quality attributes, robustness of formulation, efficiency of the manufacturing process, and life cycle of the asset. A comprehensive assessment of the due diligence should be summarized into a report to business executives.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in designing and developing different types of dosage forms. Prior experience in developing combination products (drug and device) will be given added consideration.
- Role fosters a collaborative framework amongst Business Development, Marketing, Quality, Legal, and other leading departments to enhance alliance relationships by performing as a scientific solutions architect and a subject matter expert in ensuring timely completion of project milestones and deliverables. Business segments covered by such technical alliance management role include Rx and CHC products for the US, Europe, and Asia-Pacific market.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following minimum criteria:
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Science or related filed with significant industrial experience or in product development and testing
- Experience with multiple formulation dosages is essential, with demonstrable experience with metered dose formulation AND transdermal patch formulation an absolute minimum.
- Exhibit knowledge as a subject matter expert, as well as proficiency in business acumen related to creating a new department with well-defined objectives and goals, understanding the project management and budgeting process, and instilling a sense leadership during change management.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive in applying new technologies, concepts, processes, and multi-tiered evaluation mechanisms to support the growing pipeline of niche products.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in utilizing desktop applications and other specialized business productivity tools (SharePoint, Visio, SAP, etc.) Prepare, review, and approve partnership product presentations, lead technical discussions, coordinate complex decision-making process, and provide realistic solutions to challenging situations in a professional and efficient manner.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Chidozie Orji on +44 (0)207 4400 671 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.jobs . Full job description available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies
Apply for Associate Director, Product Development & Strategic Partnerships
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly