Scientist ( Process Development and Manufacturing) - Oxford
Scientist ( Process Development and Manufacturing)
Immunocore Limited, just south of Oxford, UK, is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTACs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer.
Having recently entered into four major partnerships with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, MedImmune and Eli Lilly, and with our first drug candidate in clinical trials as well as a pipeline of TCRs to follow, we are seeking to strengthen our Development group by appointing a Scientist:
To assist in the production of therapeutic ImmTACs; to support characterisation, stability and formulation work.
The role involves:
- Becoming familiar with all aspects of diafiltration and chromatography work;
- Expressing, refolding and purifying proteins;
- Keeping accurate records of experimental work; presenting data at team meetings;
- Assisting with other general laboratory housekeeping functions.
Previous laboratory experience would be advantageous but full training will be provided.
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or a relevant scientific subject.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team
If you would like to work in a friendly, dynamic environment developing novel therapeutic research programmes please send your application (copy of C.V. and short covering letter) to Mrs. C. Canuto by clicking on the 'Apply' button or to Immunocore Limited, 101 Park Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience; benefits include pension scheme and private health insurance.
Closing date for applications is the 31st October 2016.