Laboratory Manager - Materials Testing - Polymers - Shropshire
Laboratory Manager - Physical Testing - Polymers - Materials - Shropshire - Competitive salary.
Our client is a leading independent specialist organisation, providing research, technology and information services for polymer-related industries.
At their Shropshire based site they are looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager for the Materials Testing - Physical testing/ Polymers department. This is a key customer focussed role and the Laboratory Manager will report to the Operations Director - Material Testing and will be responsible for five direct reports and a team of twenty employees.
- To apply business and technical leadership that ensures internal and external customers receive an effective and appropriate service to their need
- Continually identify opportunities for revenue and profit growth in the field of materials and materials testing
- Actively participate in the execution of marketing and sales events that drive business growth
- Provide leadership, management and motivation to support the Materials Testing team in making efficient use of resource that assures the service remains competitive and continually develops
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff are adequately trained in relevant systems and standards and provide leadership in the planning and implementation of training and development programmes
- Maintain and present on department key result metrics. Prepare and provide department sales and financial results, plans and forecasts to leadership
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Degree in a relevant science
- Significant experience gained in a materials or physical test laboratory - ideally Polymer materials
- Problem solving and managerial experience
- Track record of delivering service growth from commercial projects
- Demonstrated technical leadership in the pursuit of revenue growth through assessing market needs - via strategic customer discussions, presenting technical offerings relevant to market and innovating and selling services to customers
- Strong track record of building effective customer networks and relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in business change management - Lean/Six sigma methodology
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to meet business needs
Competitive salary in line with experience plus relocation package available.