Postdoc Fellow - Translational Development / Clinical Pharmacology
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This position focuses on the application of sophisticated quantitative analysis of pharmacokinetic and pharmacologic data to analyze and correlate disposition characteristics with measures of pharmacodynamics, efficacy and safety of small molecule and biologic drugs.
Training and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. PK/PD, population-based and mechanism-based modeling of biologic and small molecule drugs.
2. Development and evaluation of the advanced numerical and computational methods for sophisticated PK/PD and pharmacometric data analysis
3. Exploration of novel approaches to assess drug tissue distribution in humans and animals and how it directly affects risk vs. benefit profiles and overall clinical benefit of therapeutic agents
4. Report on research via poster and podium presentations and written manuscripts
Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with training in quantitative analysis.
• Formal Education And Experience Required: PhD with a track record of productivity in the areas of physics, mathematics, biomedical engineering, computational biology or related field, as manifested in publications and presentations.
• Basic scientific computing and programming skills in a variety of computational tools such as MATLAB, Monolix, NONMEM, Mathematica, R and excellent working knowledge of Linux and Windows environments; experience in NONMEM and R or SAS, is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently as well as a member of an interdisciplinary team are essential
Note: Postdocs will be eligible for Celgene benefits but will not be entitled to receive Celgene equity, bonuses or annual merit increases. Minimum relocation assistance will be offered on a case by case basis only.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.