Analytical Development Scientist (R&DII/ASI) - 12 month FTCI
Analytical Development Scientist (R&DII/ASI) - 12 month FTC
At MedImmune our employees make up a diverse and modern workforce. Our culture is defined by a strong sense of collaboration. We believe in rewarding talent and performance, and pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Based in Cambridge (UK), the Analytical Biotechnology team Perform analytical testing (using a variety of techniques) to assess the quality of MedImmune products for use in formulation,
pharmacology and all other applications. Are you an Analytical Development Scientist or QC Analyst with proven lab based expertise in the analytical characterisation of novel proteins?
How would you like to assist in the development of new analytical methods to help assess the quality of MedImmune products?
The successful candidate will play an important role in early drug development programmes by supporting the analytical characterisation of novel proteins (from peptides to antibodies) through method development, method qualification, batch release and stability assessment.
- Developing, qualifying and trouble-shooting methods for novel protein based products.
- Performing routine analytical biochemistry methods; including chromatographic methodologies, gel electrophoresis, isoelectric focusing.
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Selection and development of new techniques with the team to further develop in-house technology.
- Drafting appropriate reports and process documents as required.
- Reagent and buffer preparation as required to maintain stock levels.
- Equipment and reagent ordering as required.
- Educated to at least HND or BSc in a Life Science or associated area.
- Proven and relevant laboratory-based experience (ideally within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CRO industry).
- Previous experience of the at least some of the following techniques: Chromatography methodologies, electrophoresis techniques, Isoelectric Focusing.
- Experience working within a regulated environment (e.g. GMP) or knowledge of the working standards in this environment.
Closing Date: November 30th 2016
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.