Developmental Psychology Faculty position - Olympia, WA
Developmental Psychology Faculty position
This is a full-time, regular* faculty position starting in the 2017-18 academic year.
The Evergreen State College invites applications for a developmental psychology faculty position with broad training in psychology. The ideal candidate should be able to teach lifespan human development, as well as introductory psychology, psychological research methods, or other areas of psychology at the undergraduate level. A background in issues of diversity is highly desirable, as well as experience teaching and working with diverse and underserved populations.
Evergreen’s coordinated studies programs are inquiry-based, team-taught, and thematically driven. The successful candidate will join colleagues dedicated to expanding our undergraduate psychology programs, and to integrating psychology with fields such as the arts, social sciences, sciences, and humanities. Therefore, we seek a reflective teacher with a demonstrated capacity to make interdisciplinary connections and to offer innovative approaches to teaching developmental psychology in an interdisciplinary context.
*Regular is equivalent to tenure-track at other colleges. A complete description of the continuing contract and conversion process can be found in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, article 11.
* PhD in psychology with a specialization in lifespan developmental psychology from an accredited university (ABD will be considered);
* Capacity to make interdisciplinary connections; and
* Evidence of, or potential for, excellence in teaching.
* College level teaching experience;
* Experience in working with diverse and underserved populations;
* Background in issues of diversity; and
* Ability to work collaboratively in faculty teams.
Review of complete applications begins January 9, 2016. We will continue to accept applications until finalists are selected.
To apply, please use the "APPLY" button below and submit:
· Contact Information
· Affirmative Action
In addition, submit the following items as email attachment(s) to: email@example.com :
* Curriculum vitae;
* Letter of application;
* 1-2 page statement of your teaching philosophy and practice. Please focus specifically on your understanding and experience of interdisciplinary study and what you believe should distinguish a liberal arts education today;
* 1-2 page statement of your experience and/or practice with diversity and equity issues. (more information is available on our website: http://www.evergreen.edu/facultyhiring/equitydiversity)
* Examples of scholarly work (research papers or reviews);
* Three names and contact information for professional colleagues; two of which must submit letters of reference (letters of reference may be submitted via regular mail or email); and
* Optional: Student evaluations and/or letters of support from current and/or former students.
For questions regarding this position, contact us at:
Faculty Hiring Coordinator
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway, L-2002
Olympia, WA 98505
(360) 867-6861 voice
(360) 867-6794 fax
(360) 867-6834 TDD