Medical Science Liaison, Solid Tumors, Midwest (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL, MO)
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
BS degree in a scientific and/or medical discipline; MD, DO, PharmD, MSN or PhD in a scientific discipline strongly preferred
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the US Medical Affairs organization. MSLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. MSLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the Medical Affairs department at the direction of Medical Affairs management.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established personal and scientific creditability to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 50%.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and establish and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs; connect KOLs in academic and community centers.
• Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
• Collaborate across multiple functions and within a region(s) to maximize territory opportunities
• Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research
• Collaborate with the Medical Affairs and Clinical organization to enhance patient enrollment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trials with site recommendations and maintaining contact with investigators participating in ongoing studies
• Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings in both group and one-on-one situations
• Providing scientific and clinical support about Company products to formulary committees or payors in collaboration with Market Access
• Provide scientific support at medical congresses
• Provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific data and opportunities to internal teams and stakeholders
• Must live within the territory (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL, MO).
• Overnight business travel as high as 50% required.
• Prior field experience as a Regional Medical Liaison, or Medical Science Liaison strongly preferred
• BS degree in scientific and/or medical discipline required; MD, DO, PharmD, MSN or PhD strongly preferred
• 3-5 years clinical or research experience in Solid Tumors.
• Proven ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional networks
• Current working knowledge of US legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals
• Ability to partner and maintain relationships within the medical community
• Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.