Conjugation Chemist (Scientist I) - Spirogen, London
At Spirogen, a member of AstraZeneca Group we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential.
We are seeking to employ a talented and motivated Research Scientist for a lab based position within the Conjugation Team. You will be responsible for producing a variety of protein conjugates including Antibody-drug conjugates. By fulfilling this role you will be given the opportunity to work on multiple projects which often involves external stakeholders.
- Produce, purify and characterise a variety of protein conjugates including antibody-drug conjugates for supporting MedImmune and Collaborator's oncology pipelines
- Evaluate new Spirogen drug-linkers by biophysical and chemical analysis of protein conjugates
- Ability to design and implement new conjugation techniques
- Perform routine maintenance on standard laboratory equipment
- Effectively present results at scientific meetings and possess excellent written communication of results
- Ph.D./M.Sc. or relevant experience in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Good Understanding of chemistry and protein biochemistry
- Hands-on experience in a chemical or biochemical laboratory
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to work in a project oriented, multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent attention to detail and good team-working skills
- Highly organised, self-motivated individual who can work under strict timelines
- A track-record of protein modification/purification experience
- Antibody-drug conjugates experience
- Experience with GE AKTA system and Unicorn chromatography software
- Purification of protein/bioconjugate using Tangential Flow Filtration
- Experience of protein/bioconjugate analysis, characterisation and quantitation by UV/Vis spectroscopy, size-exclusion/hydrophobic interaction/ion exchange chromatography, HPLC and LCMS
- Creativity and evidence of innovation and implementation of new research methods and approaches
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing date for applications - 11th November 2016