Contract Specialist - Cambridge, UK
At MedImmune our employees make up a diverse and modern workforce. Our culture is defined by a strong sense of collaboration. We believe in rewarding talent and performance, and pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
The Contract Specialist is a highly motivated, customer focused support role that manages prompt execution of R&D contracts (specifically confidentiality disclosure agreements, engagements with external experts such as Speaker, Consultancy and Advisor agreements, and service-related Purchase Orders. In this role you must meet pre-defined service-level agreements for various stages in the overall contracting process. You will reviews customer contract needs, requirements, etc. in alignment with business objectives, and other contract conditions. This entails fully understanding the scope (and if applicable, history of a given project or engagement), payment terms, project type, reportability impacts and providing recommendations for PO/project set up.
Additional responsibilities include:
- For external expert engagements, this role provides guidance on:
- Fair market value rates
- Nominated signatory approvals
- Corporate travel policies
- Ensures data integrity in SharePoint, iSAVE Contract Workspace, iBuy Purchase Requisition and any other relevant systems/databases
- Responsibility for correct processing of service-related purchase requisitions to ensure accurate set up (eg, financial coding) and mitigate 3rd party payment delays
- Ensure accurate processing of ePay Payment Requests and HCP Payment Requests
- May troubleshoot iBuy and P2P related issues via strong customer service and face-to-face activity and use of Lync system for screen sharing and query resolution
- Provide data/information to user groups and other parties on an ad hoc basis using SharePoint, iSAVE, iBuy and/or SAP
- Confirm completion of goods/services as expected and invoiced. Ensure payment is processed to terms. Work with vendors and accounts payable to resolve payment issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust workload as business needs require.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others.
- Knowledge and understanding of US Federal, State, and Global HCP transparency reporting requirements.
- Experience in biotechnology or a related industry.
- Strong technical / systems experience and skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and work within AZ administrative tools.
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion
Closing Date: November 30th 2016
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.