Scientific Regulatory Writer - Bristol, UK
Scientific Regulatory Writer
Bristol, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to join Imperial Tobacco, a FTSE Top 25 organisation and the UK’s undisputed market leader with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries worldwide.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a Scientific Regulatory Writer to come and join our Product Science team based in Head Office, Bristol. The role is unique in that it combines both regulatory writing with reviewing and advising the company on topics of science and medical developments related to Imperial products.
- Producing comprehensive, thorough and well-structured narratives for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Produce response documents clarifying any points that are not clear to the regulatory agencies/ provide additional information or supporting data when requested and under significant time pressure.
- Support in the submission of consultation responses to regulators and in the preparation of scientific documents.
- Work effectively and closely with project team & cross-departmentally to deliver submissions according to regulatory deadlines.
- Possess comprehensive understanding of product categories and regulations and keep informed with regulatory/ scientific developments relating to product portfolio.
- Monitor and review scientific developments in diseases associated with tobacco products.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Degree level or higher in a life sciences subject e.g. biology, biomedical Sciences, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, neuroscience etc. or toxicology.
- Some Postgraduate scientific/ medical writing experience with willingness to learn and apply new skills.
- Proof-reading and editing of written material (own and others) with high attention to detail (submissions to regulators).
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills. Ability to work with in-house technical teams and co-authors to achieve project objectives.
- Strong skills of abstracting and reviewing scientific data and literature
- Knowledge of similar industry would be advantageous but not essential
Imperial Tobacco offers an excellent salary and benefits package that includes - Annual bonus scheme, share save plan, 29 days holiday (4 fixed for Christmas period), an excellent pension scheme, free on site gym as well as state of the art offices with on-site parking.
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.