Head Of Regulatory Affairs Cosmetics & OTC - Nottingham
Head Of Regulatory Affairs Cosmetics & OTC
About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
Overview of the role
As Head of Regulatory you will lead and implement the Regulatory strategy and standards for Global Consumer Brands Cosmetic and OTC products using your International experience and knowledge of the cosmetic regulatory environment to ensure compliance.
• Accountable for the regulatory strategy in line with GB Innovation compliance strategy, its implementation and management
• Responsible for delivery of NPD regulatory clearance and management of all regulatory issues of existing products on the markets
• Accountable for the delivery of regulatory assessment of innovation activities
• Drives the proactive influence of regulators to enable markets growth
• Deliver innovative solutions to create new opportunities based on regulatory expertise
• Responsible for monitoring market intelligence and providing risk based strategic responses to ensure product compliance
• Own the regulatory integration of new brands or new markets
• Create a network of experts to ensure access to state of the art regulatory expertise
• Responsible for representing WBA externally to influence authorities and regulatory bodies
• Accountable for the regulatory aspects of suppliers approval and management
• Development, mentoring and succession planning of a strong technical and capable team.
Our Ideal Candidate
Has a technical background or a law degree, proven international Regulatory experience in the life science industry, preferably with cosmetic products and OTC. The candidate has strong communication skills and a proven track record of favourable negotiations with authorities, is focused and at ease to manage high a volume of work at pace and setting priorities. The person has the ability to think strategically to drive the regulatory agenda within WBA and ensure brilliant implementation across functions, but is hands on operational to ensure project delivery on time. The person has leadership skills to identify not only risk but also clear advantages that have not yet been exploited to the commercial advantage of the business. A key function in the role will be the further development of the regulatory team and so the candidate will need to present a demonstrated ability in leading, mentoring and succession planning of a team.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside the usual benefits, such as an attractive salary and bonus package, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a cross functional group on some of the world's most desired brands, in one of the world's largest companies
He or she will join us at an exciting time as we recruit new talent to help us grow our brands globally, using our industry leading innovation and marketing, together with our retail partners, who help us to access over 13,000 shops in over 11 countries.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Apply for Head Of Regulatory Affairs Cosmetics & OTC - Nottingham
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly